Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last blog

As we know, all good things must come to an end eventually. Alas, and so has my wonderful trip!

I have spent another two days now stinking up at the airports and planes... Funny how I have always flown with or against time, rather than sitting in a plane for 7 hours in the same time zone. Really, shouldn't long distance travelling be like time travelling?

As I am sitting at the airport in Dubai, it occurs to me that the rest of Beijing is there- all i see is wind-breakers with Beijing 2008 logo on them. In all colours and shapes! And it seems true- as i arrived to Beijing, the city seems quiet and calm. This is where I presume the post-Olympics-depression begins. All the work and time spent to create the great atmosphere and years of preparation and building the city up has truly bore the fruit from the seeds it planted some five years ago. The games were spectacular, although I only watched them at the telly between my swims and BBQs...
So this is my final entry for my little journey diary, as my little journey has ended now. Before I finish, I still must add one thing:

African Albinos! Is that irony taken to the limit? Really? Apparently Albinism is not that unheard of over there. The lack of pigmentation offers no protection against the African sun.. Cruel. I saw three during my time over, where as I have only seen 1 Chinese albino in my 2 and some years in China. I wanted to crab a picture, but the guy saw me whip out my mini camera and gave me the look of death, so I tried to smile sheepishly while stuffing the camera back to my pocket. Although, that would have made a great entry to my blog: I got my arse whipped by a black albino! But you guys are just not worth it.

So there, until my next exotic trip.

I had a wonderful time!

Ciao

No comments: